VfS Panel on "Junior Career Development in Economics"
Starting a career as junior economist is exciting but also full of challenges. The Verein für Socialpolitik's board made "Junior Career Development" its focus topic for the years 2021-22, aiming to analyze and improve the current situation of young economists in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The panel will show first results of a data collection and invite the conference participants to discuss possible ways forward.
• Christian Bayer (VfS Commissioner for Career Development, Bonn
• Wolf Prieß (Joachim Herz Stiftung)
• Caren Sureth-Sloane (VfS Vice Chair, Paderborn University)
• Jonas von Wangenheim (Bonn University)
• Georg Weizsäcker (VfS Chair)