WWU - openEO platform
• openEO Platform allows to process a wide variety of earth observation datasets in a cloud platform. This large-scale data access and processing is performed on multiple infrastructures, which all support the openEO API.
• Users interact with the API through clients. This demonstration shows the usage and capabilities of the Web Editor and the R-Client.
• The Web Editor is a webtool to interactively build processing chains by connecting the openEO processes visually. This is the most intuitive way to get in touch with openEO Platform.
• The R-Client is the openEO Platform entry point for R users and is available through the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN). It facilitates the interaction with the openEO API within the R programming language and the advantages of the R-Studio IDE and R’s well known geospatial libraries.
• The classroom training teaches users how to accomplish their first a round trip through a typical openEO Platform workflow: login to openEO Platform, data and process discovery, process graph building adapted to common use cases, processing of data and the visualization of results
• By combining the approaches of the visually interactive Web Editor and the programming based R-Client users are introduced stepwise to the concepts of openEO Platform and will gradually understand the logic behind openEO.