The workshop will be held in English.
Mentoring Workshop for Women: “Fit for Science”
The number of women in economics is still rather small. Lots of young female researchers are missing the necessary contact in their discipline that would enable them to assess the possibilities of pursuing a scientific career. They simply do not have access to an experienced fellow scientist who could help reduce any uncertainty or give concrete answers to specific questions about career or life plans.
With the Mentoring Workshop we aim to give young female scientists a forum where they can receive information on working in academia, discuss topics and themes such as research strategy and life-work balance and get answers to any questions they may have. In addition there will be ample opportunity for networking and exchanging ideas and experiences.
Doctoral students, post-docs, and junior professors
Workshop goal: to provide information on career possibilities in universities and in research, to increase professional and personal networks, and answer any queries.
– Go for It! Post-doc career paths
– Define Yourself! Research agendas and the publication process
– Expose Yourself! Presentations and networking
– Don’t Overstretch! Teaching and committee work
– Enjoy Life! Work-life balance
• Nicola Fuchs-Schündeln (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt)
• Dorothea Kübler (WZB Berlin/TU Berlin)
• Nadine Riedel (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
• C. Katharina Spieß (DIW Berlin)
• Nora Szech (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
• Christine Zulehner (Universität Wien)
Dorothea Kübler (VfS Equal Opportunities Officer)